Friday, August 20, 2010

"Rescue in the Bermuda Triangle"

My first graphic novel is newly out. Rescue in the Bermuda Triangle is an adventure on the high (and deep) sea that incorporates facts about the region in the Atlantic Ocean where mysterious ship and plane disappearances have been reported for centuries.

I was honored that Joe Staton was one of the illustrators. He is one of the comic book artists whose work I noticed as a kid.

I love certain kinds stories involving the supernatural (ghosts yes, vampires no; Bermuda Triangle yes, crystal skulls, no) and really enjoyed writing a nonfiction book wrapped inside a fiction one. I especially enjoyed the "wink" of the bookend story and the fact that the editor allowed me to let the reader come up with an explanation for what happens at the end of the Bermuda Triangle portion...

2 comments:

Billy Hogan said...

I think Joe Staton drew E-Man for the old Charlton Comics. That was a fun character and I enjoyed his art. Your new book looks like it will be a fun read!

hobbyfan said...

Yes, he did. Last I knew, Joe was drawing Dick Tracy, but I think someone else might have that gig now.